Acorn Squash with Peaches
Serve up squash in a deliciously different new way! “This recipe's sure to win over folks who don't think they like squash. I enjoy it served with poultry.” Mary Louise Fash - Walterboro, South Carolina
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 small acorn squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cut squash in half; remove seeds. Place cut side up in a 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and
- Place the peaches, brown sugar and lemon juice in a food processor.
- Cover and process until blended. Spoon over squash; dot with butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 squash equals 173 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.