Acorn Squash with Leftover Stuffing Recipe
- 3 small acorn squash
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 cups cooked stuffing
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place cut side down in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; add 1/2 in. of hot water. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (pulp will measure about 3 cups). Drain water from pan; place squash cut side up in pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pulp, egg, salt and pepper. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; add to squash mixture. Add stuffing; spoon into squash shells. Top with cheese if desired. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Acorn Squash with Leftover Stuffing(3)
Sort By :
I made it with cranberry stuffing and tossed some red quinoa into it as well! Heavenly! Awesome vegetarian recipe
Fabulous use of acorn squash. Delicious with the stuffing! Loved it! I too used beef broth (all I had on hand)
I used pork flavored stuffing and beef stock (instead of boullion) as a side for cajun fried pork chops. Awesome side dish.