Acorn Squash with Cranberry Stuffing Recipe
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of squash halves so they sit flat. Place squash hollow side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add 1/2 in. of water. Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Add the apple, salt, lemon juice and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat until apple is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the cranberries, sugar and water. Cook and stir until berries pop and liquid is syrupy.
- Turn squash halves over; fill with cranberry mixture. Cover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until squash is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Acorn Squash with Cranberry Stuffing(7)
Sort By :
I don't like whole cranberries, so I bought some store-bought jellied cranberry sauce and subbed it in for the sugar and whole cranberries. It worked brilliantly, and those of us at the table who like cranberry and squash (lol--some refused even to try it! they missed out...) LOVED it. I will definitely be making this again! Thank you!
Yum! I cut the sugar in half and used green onions because that's what was on hand. I just scooped out the flesh and then spread the cran-apple mix on top.
Found this recipe in 2009 Taste of Home Holiday Book. Husband wanted some acorn squash with our Christmas Ham. This was just plain perfect! Everyone raved how delicious and colorful this dish was and how it must become the new traditional Christmas side dish. Excellent!!
awesome!!! and something different
Made this for Thanksgiving. Looks Beautiful, everyone was impressed.
More Recipe Collections
- Acorn Squash Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >