Acorn Squash with Caramel Sauce Recipe
- 3 medium acorn squash
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups maple pancake syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Cut squash in half; remove and discard seeds. Sprinkle cinnamon over squash. Place cut side down in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; add 1/2 in. of hot water. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up and dot with butter. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until tender.
- 3. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a large saucepan, bring brown sugar and syrup to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook until sugar is dissolved. Stir in butter until melted. Add cream. Remove from the heat. Serve with squash. Refrigerate leftover sauce. Yield: 6 servings (4 cups sauce).
1 serving (1 each) equals 871 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 165 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Acorn Squash with Caramel Sauce
"Its very good, just alot of sugar. Makes one a little jittery. :)"