- 2 small acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Cut a thin slice from bottom of squash with a sharp knife to allow it to sit flat. Place hollow side up in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; add 1/2 in. of hot water.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over squash. Dot with butter. Cover and bake at 375° for 55-65 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine orange juice and apricots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until apricots are tender. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Serve with squash; sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Acorn Squash with Apricot Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p132
Reviews for Acorn Squash with Apricot Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review