Acorn Squash Slices Recipe
- 2 medium acorn squash (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and membrane. Cut each half widthwise into 1/2-in. slices; discard ends.
- 2. Place slices in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt. Combine syrup and butter; pour over squash. Sprinkle with pecans if desired.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving of 2 slices (prepared with sugar-free maple syrup, reduced-fat margarine and pecans) equals 170 calories, 98 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 31 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 7 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.