Acorn Squash Slices Recipe
- 2 medium acorn squash (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and membrane. Cut each half widthwise into 1/2-in. slices; discard ends.
- Place slices in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt. Combine syrup and butter; pour over squash. Sprinkle with pecans if desired.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Acorn Squash Slices in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p8
Reviews for Acorn Squash Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2012
I didn't have maple syrup, so I added some dark brown sugar to the melted butter and brushed it on instead; it was very good!