Acorn Squash Slices Recipe
"Acorn squash is a favorite with my family," relates Mrs. Richard Lamb of Williamsburg, Indiana. "This recipe gets sweet maple flavor from syrup and an appealing nuttiness from pecans. It's easy, too, because you don't have to peel the squash."
- 2 medium acorn squash (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and membrane. Cut each half widthwise into 1/2-in. slices; discard ends.
- Place slices in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt. Combine syrup and butter; pour over squash. Sprinkle with pecans if desired.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Acorn Squash Slices in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p8
Reviews for Acorn Squash Slices(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2012
I didn't have maple syrup, so I added some dark brown sugar to the melted butter and brushed it on instead; it was very good!