- 4 medium acorn squash
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; add 1/2 in. of hot water. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Carefully scoop out squash; add to food processor. Add the cream cheese, milk, butter, onion, chives and basil; cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with pecans. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Acorn Squash Puree in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p63
Reviews for Acorn Squash Puree
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2012
Being a new eater to squash, I wasn't sure what to expect. But this was really tasty! I cooked it in the microwave.