Acorn Squash & Pear Soup Recipe
This recipe was inspired by a stuffed acorn squash dish that my family loves. I took the flavors and turned it into a creamy soup. It’s holiday comfort food. —Heather Rotunda, Saint Cloud, Minnesota
- 2 medium acorn squash, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 4 medium firm pears, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 carton (48 ounces) chicken broth
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased shallow roasting pan. Roast at 375° for 1-1/4 hours or until squash is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Cool slightly. In a food processor, process squash mixture with broth in batches until smooth. Transfer to a Dutch oven; heat through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Acorn Squash & Pear Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC