- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground ginger, cinnamon and mace
- Pierce squash several times with a fork. Place on paper towels; microwave on high for 10 minutes. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, syrup and vinegar. Combine the ginger, cinnamon and mace. Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Brush cut sides with butter mixture; sprinkle with spice mixture.
- Place on a large microwave-safe plate; cover with paper towels. Cook on high for 5-10 minutes or until squash is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Acorn Squash in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p15
Reviews for Acorn Spiced Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review