- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup ground pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with 2-1/2-in. acorn cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread chocolate over the stem and cap of each acorn, leaving about a 1/4-in. border. Sprinkle pecans over chocolate. Pipe remaining chocolate in a criss-cross pattern over each acorn. Let stand until firm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Acorn Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p48
Reviews for Acorn Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review