- near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, cream butter, shortening and vanilla. Beat in
- confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Place 6 tablespoons each in two bowls. Tint one red and one yellow;
- set aside. Add cocoa to the remaining frosting; mix well.
- Using the acorn pattern and folded waxed paper, trace bottom of acorn
- up to dark brown dashed line. Cut out and unfold.
- Trace the acorn cap onto folded waxed paper. Cut out and unfold.
- With a sharp knife, trace patterns on cooled brownie; cut out. Cut
- the remaining brownie into three to five leaves using a 3-in. maple
- leaf cutter; set aside. On a 16-in.-square covered board, position
- acorn cap over the acorn bottom in center of board. Frost top and
- sides of acorn with tan frosting. Sprinkle pecans over acorn cap.
- Frost leaves with remaining tan frosting. Using an icing spatula,
- randomly blend red and yellow frosting over leaves. Use a toothpick
- to form veins in the leaves. Arrange decorated leaves around the
- acorn. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 708 calories, 34 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 97 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.