Acini di Pepe Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup uncooked acini di pepe pasta
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Dash celery seed
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, partially thawed
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- Lettuce leaves and minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, whipped topping, onion and celery seed. Add the cauliflower, pineapple, peas, raisins and pasta; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. If desired, serve on a lettuce-lined plate and sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise and reduced-fat whipped topping) equals 295 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.