Acini di Pepe Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup uncooked acini di pepe pasta
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Dash celery seed
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, partially thawed
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- Lettuce leaves and minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, whipped topping, onion and celery seed. Add the cauliflower, pineapple, peas, raisins and pasta; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. If desired, serve on a lettuce-lined plate and sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise and reduced-fat whipped topping) equals 295 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Acini di Pepe Salad
"Acini di pepe pasta isn't always easy to find, keep looking. My local Acme market had Gia Russa pasta. Good Luck!"
"Made this to take to a picnic, tasted after making it & definitely will make it again! Delicious!!!"
"I made the frogs eye salad and loved it!! Many years later, now I cannot find Acini di pepe pasta! Can anyone help me out! Thank you so much!"
"I left out the whipped topping since I did not have any, and used Miracle Whip as a substitution. The salad was excellent, and everyone at the reunion loved it. Wonderful recipe!"
"I want to make this one at least once a year from now on!!!"
"I love to try new things, and I'm glad I did. I would definately make this again and double the batch."
"this recipe is awesome! didn=t have the pasta, so i used jasmine rice, was also out of raisons so tried dried mixed berries...came out great! another time, used basmati rice and tossed the peas in 1/2 tsp seasame oil before adding, also great!"
"I love making "Frog eye Salad" using acini de pepe pasta with canned oranges and canned pineapple a kindof fruit salad. What kind of vegtables do you add ?Lynchmob"