- 1/4 cup uncooked acini di pepe pasta
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Dash celery seed
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, partially thawed
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- Lettuce leaves and minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, whipped topping, onion and celery seed. Add the cauliflower, pineapple, peas, raisins and pasta; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. If desired, serve on a lettuce-lined plate and sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Acini di Pepe Salad
Sort By :
"Acini di pepe pasta isn't always easy to find, keep looking. My local Acme market had Gia Russa pasta. Good Luck!"
"Made this to take to a picnic, tasted after making it & definitely will make it again! Delicious!!!"
"I made the frogs eye salad and loved it!! Many years later, now I cannot find Acini di pepe pasta! Can anyone help me out! Thank you so much!"
"I left out the whipped topping since I did not have any, and used Miracle Whip as a substitution. The salad was excellent, and everyone at the reunion loved it. Wonderful recipe!"
"I want to make this one at least once a year from now on!!!"