- 1/4 cup uncooked acini di pepe pasta
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Dash celery seed
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, partially thawed
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- Lettuce leaves and minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, whipped topping, onion and celery seed. Add the cauliflower, pineapple, peas, raisins and pasta; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. If desired, serve on a lettuce-lined plate and sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Acini di Pepe Salad
"Acini di pepe pasta isn't always easy to find, keep looking. My local Acme market had Gia Russa pasta. Good Luck!"
"Made this to take to a picnic, tasted after making it & definitely will make it again! Delicious!!!"
"I made the frogs eye salad and loved it!! Many years later, now I cannot find Acini di pepe pasta! Can anyone help me out! Thank you so much!"
"I left out the whipped topping since I did not have any, and used Miracle Whip as a substitution. The salad was excellent, and everyone at the reunion loved it. Wonderful recipe!"
"I want to make this one at least once a year from now on!!!"