Looking for a quick lunch idea or fun new side dish? June Herke of Watertown, South Dakota blends veggies, tiny pasta and juicy pineapple bits into this crunchy, creamy salad jam-packed with flavor.
- 1/4 cup uncooked acini di pepe pasta
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Dash celery seed
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, partially thawed
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- Lettuce leaves and minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, whipped topping, onion and celery seed. Add the cauliflower, pineapple, peas, raisins and pasta; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. If desired, serve on a lettuce-lined plate and sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Acini di Pepe Salad in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p37
Reviews for Acini di Pepe Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review