- 1/4 cup uncooked acini di pepe pasta
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Dash celery seed
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, partially thawed
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- Lettuce leaves and minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, whipped topping, onion and celery seed. Add the cauliflower, pineapple, peas, raisins and pasta; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. If desired, serve on a lettuce-lined plate and sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Acini di Pepe Salad
"Made this to take to a picnic, tasted after making it & definitely will make it again! Delicious!!!"
"I left out the whipped topping since I did not have any, and used Miracle Whip as a substitution. The salad was excellent, and everyone at the reunion loved it. Wonderful recipe!"
"I want to make this one at least once a year from now on!!!"
"I love to try new things, and I'm glad I did. I would definately make this again and double the batch."
"this recipe is awesome! didn=t have the pasta, so i used jasmine rice, was also out of raisons so tried dried mixed berries...came out great! another time, used basmati rice and tossed the peas in 1/2 tsp seasame oil before adding, also great!"