Acapulco Delight Recipe
This dish always delights family and friends at potlucks and gatherings I take it to.—Margene Skaggs, Guinda, California
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) mild green taco sauce
- 9 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a large skillet, brown beef; drain fat. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Add taco sauce; simmer for 5-10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cover the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with three tortillas, tearing them into pieces as necessary. Spread half of meat mixture over tortillas, then sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Layer with three more tortillas; spread with refried beans. Cover with sour cream; sprinkle with green onions and olives. Place remaining tortillas over top; cover with remaining meat mixture and cheese. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 468 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 1,064 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC