- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 bottle (15 ounces) mild green taco sauce
- 9 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Chopped tomatoes, optional
- Chopped avocados, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Add taco sauce; simmer until slightly thickened, 5-10 minutes.
- Cover the bottom of a 13x9-in. baking dish with three tortillas, tearing them into pieces as necessary. Layer half of meat mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with half of cheese. Layer with three more tortillas; spread with refried beans. Cover with sour cream; sprinkle with green onions and olives. Layer remaining tortillas over top; cover with remaining meat mixture and cheese. Bake until heated through, 25-30 minutes. Let stand a few minutes before serving. If desired, serve with chopped tomatoes and avocados. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Acapulco Delight
"I've made this recipe several times, and it is always enjoyed by everyone. It is delicious, and I can't stop eating it, when it's in my refrigerator!"
"Making this again tonight for the second time. The kids love it!!"
"My Mom just made this recipe and it was as good as any great Mexican restaurant. Delicious!!!!"
"I Can`t wait to make this it sounds delicious.my Family loves mexican recipes.Coleen123"