Apples, broccoli and dried cranberries combine in this fresh-tasting salad. I came up with the recipe after tasting something similar at a restaurant buffet.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 large red apples, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, whisk the oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, sugar and salt.
- Add cranberries; let stand for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, toss
- apples with remaining lemon juice. Add the broccoli, walnuts and
- cranberry mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours
- or until chilled. Toss before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 268 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.