- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 large red apples, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a bowl, whisk the oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, sugar and salt. Add cranberries; let stand for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, toss apples with remaining lemon juice. Add the broccoli, walnuts and cranberry mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Toss before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for ABC Salad(5)
Sort By :
I made this delicious and visually appealing salad for a big family gathering last holiday season. It's been requested for Thanksgiving dinner this year! It's a hit, and oh-so-simple!
I recently made this for a picnic with friends. We all agreed it was a keeper. Light and fresh. Easy to make. Traveled well in cooler. I used pecans instead of walnuts since that is what I had on hand.
I have made this recipe time and again and always get great reviews and requests to make it again
This is the third time I'm making this salad. Since I found it, I make it once every year. It's a nice change from the other broccoli salads out there!
This is a well loved recipe among my family and friends! I sometimes use apple cider vinegar instead of lemon juice in the dressing and adjust the sugar to taste. It adds a little extra zip. It also works well with Splemda.