"The ABC stands for Applesauce, Bran and Cinnamon," explains Susan Smith of Newark, Ohio. "These moist bran muffins are an absolute favorite at our house. In fact, my husband asks for them instead of birthday cake."
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups wheat bran
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, beat eggs, oil, applesauce and honey. Combine the dry cake
- mix, bran and cinnamon; add to egg mixture. Mix just until blended.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield:
- 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 241 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.