A Twist on Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse under cold water. Drain. In a large bowl, whisk together the broth, vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar, basil and salt. Add pasta, broccoli, tomatoes, pepper and Parmesan and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 104 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for A Twist on Pasta Salad
"Not much flavor & I doubled the dressing."