A Twist on Pasta Salad
"I lightened up this recipe i found on the back of a pasta box many years ago," writes Pat Morris, Marlton, New Jersey. "it's become a staple at our home and for family gatherings."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked Daily Chef Garden Rotini
Give flavor to your favorite Italian meals with premium Daily Chef Pasta.
Learn More >
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse under cold water.
- Drain. In a large bowl, whisk together the broth, vinegar, oil,
- garlic, sugar, basil and salt. Add pasta, broccoli, tomatoes, pepper
- and Parmesan and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 104 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.