"I lightened up this recipe i found on the back of a pasta box many years ago," writes Pat Morris, Marlton, New Jersey. "it's become a staple at our home and for family gatherings."
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse under cold water. Drain. In a large bowl, whisk together the broth, vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar, basil and salt. Add pasta, broccoli, tomatoes, pepper and Parmesan and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as A Twist On Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p46
Reviews for A Twist on Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2013
"Not much flavor & I doubled the dressing."