A Flock of Turkeys Recipe
Making a gaggle of these gobblers is a fun project to do with kids. The cute, easy turkey cookies make great school treats or sweet favors for a Thanksgiving gathering. —Zoraya Jennings, Fredericksburg, Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour YIELD:24 servings
- 48 sugar cookies (3 inches)
- 1 package (12 ounces) chocolate and marshmallow cookies
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- Yellow and red paste food coloring
- 1. Using a serrated knife, cut 1/2 in. from one side of 24 sugar cookies. Using a sharp knife, cut marshmallow cookies in half vertically. Spread chocolate frosting over the bottom of each marshmallow cookie half; align cut edges of a marshmallow cookie and a sugar cookie, and press together to form each turkey body and feathers.
- 2. Spread chocolate frosting over the cut edges of each turkey; position and attach near the back edge of a whole sugar cookie.
- 3. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag. Insert a #12 round pastry tip; fill bag with 3/4 cup chocolate frosting. Pipe a neck and head on each turkey.
- 4. Tint 1/2 cup vanilla frosting yellow and 1/2 cup red. With a #3 round pastry tip and yellow frosting, add eyes, beaks and legs. With #3 round tip and red frosting, pipe snood and tail feathers. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC