- 48 sugar cookies (3 inches)
- 1 package (12 ounces) chocolate and marshmallow cookies
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- Yellow and red paste food coloring
- Using a serrated knife, cut 1/2 in. from one side of 24 sugar cookies. Using a sharp knife, cut marshmallow cookies in half vertically. Spread chocolate frosting over the bottom of each marshmallow cookie half; align cut edges of a marshmallow cookie and a sugar cookie, and press together to form each turkey body and feathers.
- Spread chocolate frosting over the cut edges of each turkey; position and attach near the back edge of a whole sugar cookie.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag. Insert a #12 round pastry tip; fill bag with 3/4 cup chocolate frosting. Pipe a neck and head on each turkey.
- Tint 1/2 cup vanilla frosting yellow and 1/2 cup red. With a #3 round pastry tip and yellow frosting, add eyes, beaks and legs. With #3 round tip and red frosting, pipe snood and tail feathers. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for A Flock of Turkeys
"This was fun to make and my daughter 3 years old could help. Everyone thought it was adorable last year."
"This was fun to make and my daughter 3 years old could help. Everyone thought it was adorable."
"Came out very cute. I received a lot of compliments and they were very easy to make. : )"
"the cookies need to be specified make sure you use large cookies. The frosting in a can did not hold head and became a big mess up the project was a disapointment and wound up in garbage. The directions were not specific enough.Frosting. A waste of time and money."
"A little difficult to put together! But very cute once it was finished."