This refreshing blend bursts with good-for-you fruit—grapes, apples, oranges and pineapple—plus a sweet dressing youngsters will find especially appealing.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium tart green apple, chopped
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 cup each seedless red and green grapes, halved
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in orange juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in orange extract. Cool.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, apples and grapes. Add dressing; stir gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as A Is For Apple Salad in Country Woman September/October 2002, p19
Reviews for A Is For Apple Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review