90-Minute Dinner Rolls Recipe
Reba Erickson, Edwardsville, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, water and butter to 120° -130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3. Divide dough into 12 pieces; shape each piece into a roll. Arrange in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 35 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 109 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC