90-Minute Dinner Rolls
Reba Erickson, Edwardsville, Kansas
12 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a
- small saucepan, heat the milk, water and butter to 120°
- -130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Stir
- in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces; shape each piece into a roll. Arrange in
- a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled,
- about 35 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 109 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium,