7 Vegetable Salad Recipe
Italian dressing jazzed up with basil and chives sparks the flavor of this eye-catching salad. The blanched veggies in this colorful combination retain their crispness quite nicely. —Sara Lindler of Irmo, South Carolina
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup julienned onion
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrots
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 4 teaspoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1. In a saucepan, bring 2 in. of water to a boil. Add beans, peas, yellow squash, zucchini and onion. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; rinse with cold water and pat dry.
- 2. Place vegetables in a bowl; add the remaining ingredients. Gently stir to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup) equals 47 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Reviews for 7 Vegetable Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC