Here's an eye-catching salad that my mother makes for Christmas dinner each year. You can choose different flavors to make other color combinations for specific holidays or other gatherings. -Jan Hemness, Stockton, Missouri
- 7 packages (3 ounces each) assorted flavored gelatin
- 4-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 4-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh mint, sliced strawberries and kiwifruit, optional
- In a small bowl, dissolve one package of gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water. Add 3/4 cup cold water; stir. Spoon into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Chill until set but not firm, about 40 minutes.
- In another bowl, dissolve another package of gelatin in 1/2 cup boiling water. Add 1/2 cup cold water and 1/2 cup milk; stir. Spoon over the first layer. Chill until set but not firm, about 40 minutes.
- Repeat five times, alternating plain gelatin layers with creamy gelatin layers. Chill each layer until set but not firm before spooning next layer on top. Refrigerate entire salad overnight. Just before serving, spread top with whipped topping. Cut into squares to serve. Garnish with mint and fruit if desired. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Originally published as Seven-Layer Gelatin Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p39
Reviews for 7 Layer Gelatin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review