7-10 Split Layered Salad
Although bowlers tend to frown when they leave a split, the team was all smiles over this salad. It is so pretty layered in a glass bowl and is very tasty.Lizz (Elizabeth) Loder, Fox Point, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 6 medium potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1/2 to 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced and cooked
- In a 3- or 4-qt. glass bowl, layer the romaine, peas, potatoes and
- onion. Carefully spread mayonnaise over the top. Sprinkle with
- cheese and bacon. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before
- serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 704 calories, 54 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 1,185 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.