Although bowlers tend to frown when they leave a split, the team was all smiles over this salad. It is so pretty layered in a glass bowl and is very tasty.—Lizz (Elizabeth) Loder, Fox Point, Wisconsin
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 6 medium potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1/2 to 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced and cooked
- In a 3- or 4-qt. glass bowl, layer the romaine, peas, potatoes and onion. Carefully spread mayonnaise over the top. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as 7-10 Split Layered Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p15
Reviews for 7-10 Split Layered Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2013
"very good and easy to make"
Reviewed May. 15, 2012
"This was a really good salad. I thought it seemed strange at first with the potatoes, but they turned out to be the best part and what made it stand out from similar recipes."
Reviewed May. 11, 2011
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2010
"yuck, made me sick"