Although bowlers tend to frown when they leave a split, the team was all smiles over this salad. It is so pretty layered in a glass bowl and is very tasty.—Lizz (Elizabeth) Loder, Fox Point, Wisconsin
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 6 medium potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1/2 to 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced and cooked
- In a 3- or 4-qt. glass bowl, layer the romaine, peas, potatoes and onion. Carefully spread mayonnaise over the top. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as 7-10 Split Layered Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p15
Reviews for 7-10 Split Layered Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review