- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast. In a saucepan, heat the water, milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes longer. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Do not let rise. Divide in half. Roll each portion into an 8-in. x 5-in. rectangle.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal. Place, seam side down, in two greased 5-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Fill a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with 1 in. of hot water. Set loaf pans in water.
- Cover and let rise for 15 minutes. Remove loaf pans from the water bath. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 mini loaves (4 slices each).
Reviews for 60-Minute Mini Breads
Sort By :
"I added 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and 1 TBLS honey. Quick and delicious."
"I added a bit more sugar for extra flavor. Made one loaf in a large loaf pan. Very good recipe and simple to do. Most of the work was done in the mixer. A keeper."
"Quick, easy, and a no fail recipe! my family loves it!"
"Made the bread, exactly as given, very good, my husband said it reminded him of my mothers bread. Thats a real compliment, she baked most all of our bread when I was growing up."