5 Spinach Burritos Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 fat-free flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup picante sauce, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add spinach and pepper; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Place about 3 tablespoonfuls off center on each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon of picante sauce and 2 tablespoons of cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining picante sauce and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for 5 Spinach Burritos
Sort By :
"Very Good! I used medium salsa - perfect!"
"This is a good meatless dish....but the one package of spinach will not fill 6 tortillas. I cook rice and add it to the tortilla first...and then layer everything else. You could also add some chopped black olives to the tortillas. You will probably want more picanta sauce...or salsa to serve with the tortillas."
"We loved this recipe. Simple and delicious. I added fresh jalapeno to the onions and garlic and served it with a dollop of sour cream. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing this recipe."
"I used green enchilada sauce rather than the picante sauce for a milder taste. Delicious!!!"