5 Spinach Burritos Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 fat-free flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup picante sauce, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add spinach and pepper; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Place about 3 tablespoonfuls off center on each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon of picante sauce and 2 tablespoons of cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining picante sauce and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for 5 Spinach Burritos(13)
Sort By :
This is a good meatless dish....but the one package of spinach will not fill 6 tortillas. I cook rice and add it to the tortilla first...and then layer everything else. You could also add some chopped black olives to the tortillas. You will probably want more picanta sauce...or salsa to serve with the tortillas.
We loved this recipe. Simple and delicious. I added fresh jalapeno to the onions and garlic and served it with a dollop of sour cream. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
I used green enchilada sauce rather than the picante sauce for a milder taste. Delicious!!!
These were good and surprisingly filling. I used fresh spinach instead of frozen. To half of the burritos I added refried beans and left out the cheese. The other half I made exactly as the recipe says. They were good both ways. Next time I would just use salsa instead of picante sauce. They are very similar and salsa is less expensive for me to buy.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Burritos >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >