5 Spinach Burritos Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 fat-free flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup picante sauce, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add spinach and pepper; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Place about 3 tablespoonfuls off center on each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon of picante sauce and 2 tablespoons of cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- 3. Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining picante sauce and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 burrito equals 262 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 meat, 1 vegetable.