- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 fat-free flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup picante sauce, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add spinach and pepper; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Place about 3 tablespoonfuls off center on each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon of picante sauce and 2 tablespoons of cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining picante sauce and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for 5 Spinach Burritos
"Very Good! I used medium salsa - perfect!"
"I used green enchilada sauce rather than the picante sauce for a milder taste. Delicious!!!"
"These were good and surprisingly filling. I used fresh spinach instead of frozen. To half of the burritos I added refried beans and left out the cheese. The other half I made exactly as the recipe says. They were good both ways. Next time I would just use salsa instead of picante sauce. They are very similar and salsa is less expensive for me to buy."
"I adore this recipe! Very delicious. I twist it up a bit and grill them instead."