5-Ingredient Tomato Soup
A few handy pantry items inspired Gail Westing of Landfall, Minnesota to create this fresh-tasting tomato soup. "It's super easy...and oh-so-good!" she notes.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups milk
- In a saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. Bring to a simmer
- over medium heat. Gradually stir in milk; cook and stir until heated
- through (do not boil). Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 229 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 698 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.