5-Ingredient Chocolate Caramel Bars Recipe
Even after tasting some wonderful European chocolates, this is still my favorite chocolate recipe. It would by selfish not to share it with other chocolate lovers!
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1. Melt caramels in a double boiler or microwave. Stir in 1/3 cup milk and set aside. In a bowl, combine cake mix, butter and remaining milk; set half aside and press other half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Pour caramel mixture over; spoon reserved cake mixture on top. Return to oven for 20 minutes. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 120 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC