40-Minute Hamburger Buns
Here on our ranch, I cook for three men who love hamburgers. These fluffy yet hearty buns are just right for their big appetites. I also serve the buns plain with a meal. —Jessie McKenney, Twodot, Montana
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + resting Bake: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil and sugar; let
- stand for 5 minutes. Add the egg, salt and enough flour to form a
- soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 3-5 minutes. Do not let rise. Divide into 12 pieces; shape each into
- a ball. Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes
- or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 195 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.