Donetta Brunner of Savanna, Illinois traces this hearty main dish back to a 4-H cooking project. "I liked the recipe immediately, and it has traveled through the years with me to become a favorite with my children and husband, too. The only change I've made to the original is to add extra seasonings."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups seeded chopped fresh tomatoes or 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups fresh, frozen or canned sweet corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup crushed saltines
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large skillet, brown beef and onion; drain. Stir in rice, tomatoes, corn, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as 4-H Corn Special in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p45
Reviews for 4-H Corn Special
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review