4-H Corn Special Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups seeded chopped fresh tomatoes or 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups fresh, frozen or canned sweet corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup crushed saltines
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large skillet, brown beef and onion; drain. Stir in rice, tomatoes, corn, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for 4-H Corn Special(11)
Sort By :
I use this same meat mixture, but place the meat inside bell peppers. My family loves it!
I also added a bit of garlic powder. It was a very good gluten free meal with the saltines excluded. I served tortilla chips with it for the needed crunch.
We've been making this for years now and still enjoy it.
This tasted great! My husband loved it. We got about 3 meals out of this. Very economical. Filling and sits on your stomach well. The only change I made was adding a little over a tsp of garlic powder - because we love garlic on everything. Definitely making this again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >