30-Minute Three-Bean Chili Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped yellow summer squash
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add corn and squash. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes longer or until squash is tender. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 179 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 491mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 10g fiber), 10g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 2 vegetable.