30-Minute Three-Bean Chili
Hearty ingredients and zesty spices will make you forget that this chunky chili is good for you. "It's loaded with tasteyou'll never miss the meat!" assures Gail Rector-Evans of Hastings, Oklahoma.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped yellow summer squash
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add corn and squash.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes longer or until
- squash is tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 179 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 491 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.