Hearty ingredients and zesty spices will make you forget that this chunky chili is good for you. "It's loaded with taste—you'll never miss the meat!" assures Gail Rector-Evans of Hastings, Oklahoma.
Recommended: 17 Chili Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped yellow summer squash
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add corn and squash. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes longer or until squash is tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Three-Bean Chili in Quick Cooking March/April 2005 , p54
Reviews for 30-Minute Three-Bean Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review