30-Minute Minestrone Recipe
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed or diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup torn fresh spinach
- 2/3 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute carrots, cabbage, celery, onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Add water, tomatoes and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in spinach, macaroni and pepper; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 88 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for 30-Minute Minestrone
"Love this quick version of Minestrone soup.. Make it all the time after church for a quick hot lunch."
"This soup is very easy to make and a hit with everyone. I add kidney beans. Definitely worth trying."