30-Minute Chili Recipe
On a brisk day, I don't think anything is more appealing than a steaming bowl of this zesty chili. I always make enough so that everyone can have seconds.—Susan Strout, Cheney, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Chopped green pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, soup and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Garnish with green pepper and cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 273 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 771 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC