On a brisk day, I don't think anything is more appealing than a steaming bowl of this zesty chili. I always make enough so that everyone can have seconds.—Susan Strout, Cheney, Washington
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Chopped green pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, soup and seasonings; bring
- to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until thick and
- bubbly. Garnish with green pepper and cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings
- (about 2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 273 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 771 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein.