On a brisk day, I don't think anything is more appealing than a steaming bowl of this zesty chili. I always make enough so that everyone can have seconds.—Susan Strout, Cheney, Washington
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Chopped green pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, soup and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Garnish with green pepper and cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Originally published as 30-Minute Chili in Country Woman September/October 1997, p37
Reviews for 30-Minute Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review