30-Minute Chicken Recipe
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, place onion and chicken breast; sprinkle with salt if desired and pepper. Layer mushrooms and zucchini over chicken. Combine the garlic, tomatoes, basil and oregano; pour over vegetables.
- 2. Cover tightly. Bake at 450° for 30 minutes or until juices run clear. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 212 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Reviews for 30-Minute Chicken
"This recipe is a good start for a novice cook, has great potential to add your own flavors. I added a garlic clove, doubled the spices and it still came out somewhat bland and I look forward to doctoring it up the next time."
"I agree that I would up the spices and the garlic."
"I think the key to this recipe is the size of the chicken breasts. I think this is made for the chicken breasts you buy in a big bag in the freezer section. I had fresh breasts from the grocery store, and if I were to make this again, I'd slice the breasts in half length-wise before cooking them.As for the sauce, I'd use 2 cans of diced tomatoes, and double the spices, and maybe bump up the garlic a bit."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.