30-Minute Chicken Recipe
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, place onion and chicken breast; sprinkle with salt if desired and pepper. Layer mushrooms and zucchini over chicken. Combine the garlic, tomatoes, basil and oregano; pour over vegetables.
- 2. Cover tightly. Bake at 450° for 30 minutes or until juices run clear. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared without added salt and Parmesan) equals 3 lean meat, 2 vegetables; also, 212 calories, 331 mg sodium, 73 mg cholesterol, 15 gm carbohydrate, 30 gm protein, 4 gm fat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.