I like to help out in the kitchen whenever I can. This one-pan meal is great when entertaining because it can be prepared in a hurry and bakes in no time.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, place onion and chicken breast; sprinkle with salt if desired and pepper. Layer mushrooms and zucchini over chicken. Combine the garlic, tomatoes, basil and oregano; pour over vegetables.
- Cover tightly. Bake at 450° for 30 minutes or until juices run clear. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as 30-Minute Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p61
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for 30-Minute Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review