30-Minute Chicken Noodle Soup
This great soup is perfect for a cold, wintry day. It is my favorite thing to eat when I'm not feeling well; it makes me feel so much better. —Lacy Waadt, Payson, Utah
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 3/4 cup sliced carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are
- crisp-tender. Stir in noodles; cook 5-7 minutes longer or until
- noodles and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 196 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 759 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.