- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- PESTO CHEESE BALL:
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- HORSERADISH-BACON CHEESE BALL:
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- GORGONZOLA-CRANBERRY CHEESE BALL:
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- FOR SERVING:
- Miniature pretzels, cooked bacon, dried cranberries, basil leaves and green onion, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and garlic until blended. Divide into three portions; place each in a small bowl.
- For Pesto Cheese Ball: Beat pesto into one portion of cheese mixture. Stir in basil. Shape into a ball.
- For Horseradish-Bacon Cheese Ball: Beat horseradish into a second portion of cheese mixture. Stir in bacon and green onion. Shape into one large ball or three mini balls.
- For Gorgonzola-Cranberry Cheese Ball: Beat Gorgonzola cheese into third portion of cheese mixture. Stir in cranberries. Shape into a ball; roll in walnuts to coat.
- Wrap cheese balls in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm. Unwrap and decorate as desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 large cheese balls (about 1 cup each).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for 3-in-1 Cheese Ball
"I've been making cheese balls for years & never had the rave reaction that I had to this one. Excellent cream cheese/parmesan/garlic base, then you can riff with whatever is in your pantry or fridge. I made blue cheese/dried cherry rolled in sliced almonds and cheddar/bacon*/sundried tomato rolled in paprika. Endless possibilities from one easy base.* I am a fanatic for precooked bacon crumbles from Costco. Just microwave briefly to crisp, then stir in. Couldn't be easier!"