3 C Bread Recipe
This sweet bread features carrots, coconut and cherries. That tasty combination ensures each loaf is a welcome gift!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:20 servings
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup candied cherries, quartered
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the carrots, coconut, cherries, raisins and pecans. Pour into four greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 mini loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 243 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC