- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup candied cherries, quartered
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the carrots, coconut, cherries, raisins and pecans. Pour into four greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 mini loaves.
Originally published as 3 C Bread in Country Woman Christmas 2001 , p45
Reviews for 3 C Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2013
"I used Macadamia nuts instead of pecans used a bit less oil because the nuts are not as dry. As pecans and it was great"